These easy, cheesy corncakes are so delicious for any quick weeknight meal or side.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 3 cups corn (if using canned corn, use 2 cans, drained)
- 1 whole large tomato, or 2 plum tomatoes, cored, and seeded, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley, or cilantro, whichever you prefer or have on hand, or you can substitute with dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 cup of sharp cheddar cheese (or any cheese you prefer)
- 2 teaspoons salt, pepper to taste
- Oil or butter or Cooking spray for the pan
- Garnish suggestions below
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Heat skillet on medium high heat. Add oil, or butter to the pan.
- Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to spoon…
View original post 90 more words