I woke up this morning with a craving for chocolate cake. In truth the craving started on Friday evening, it feels like it been a hard week for women.
I thought it might be interesting to cook with almonds instead of flour and I found this very simple recipe on the Food52 website.
- 125grams(4.4 oz) blanched almonds (or almond meal)
- 125grams(4.4 oz) good quality dark chocolate (70% cocoa)
- 125grams(4.4 oz or 1 stick plus 1 tablespoon) unsalted butter, chopped
- 125grams(4.4 oz or 1/2 cup) sugar
- 3large eggs, separated and left to come to room temperature
- powdered sugar for dusting
1.Grease and line a 20 cm or 8 inch round cake tin with baking paper and preheat oven to 160ºC or 320ºF.
2.If using whole blanched almonds, blitz them to a very fine, sandy texture in a food processor. Set aside.
View original post 213 more words