Pro tip: These meatballs make a killer sub. Throw them on a hero roll with extra sauce and melt some cheddar on top.
For more weeknight dinner inspiration, check out our 90+ Tex-Mex recipes. Yields: 4 servings Prep Time: 0 hours 10 mins Cook Time: 0 hours 20 mins Total Time: 0 hours 30 mins Ingredients 1 1/2 lb.
ground beef 2 c.
shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided 1/2 c.
panko bread crumbs 2 tbsp.
freshly chopped parsley, plus more for garnish 2
cloves garlic, minced 1
jalapeño, finely chopped 1
large egg 1 tsp.
Freshly ground black pepper 1 tbsp.
extra-virgin olive oil 1/2
large onion, chopped 1
(15-oz.) can crushed tomatoes 2 tbsp.
chopped chipotle chiles in adobo sauce Powered by Chicory Directions
- In a medium bowl, combine ground beef, 1 cup of cheese, bread crumbs, parsley, garlic, jalapeño, egg, and cumin and season with salt and pepper. Mix until combined, then form into meatballs.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add meatballs in a single layer and sear 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
- Add onion to skillet and cook, stirring, until soft, 5 minutes. Stir in crushed tomatoes and chipotle in adobo and bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and return meatballs to skillet. Cover and simmer until meatballs are cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Top with remaining 1 cup cheese, then cover with lid to let melt, about 2 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley before serving.